Why an online book club and why now?
- I like to read things that inform my professional trajectory
- I like to find people who like to read and engage in rich discussions about what we read
- I want to build a tighter community of educators that cross subjects and grades
Last year we used the Goodreads platform to collate our ideas and we attracted 94 educators world wide from 5 countries…however we weren’t very social inside Goodreads. So with the help of TVO’s TeachOntario platform I aim to improve that this year! Of course, you can still use any kind of medium you like to communicate…I use Twitter, Google Hangouts and Goodreads but I’m open to the possibilities. Please use #BIT16Reads so we can find each other! Bring IT Together, TeachOntario and of course, the Ontario School Library Association are all partners in bringing this book club together.
We’re going to read 5 books by November 2016:
Why these books?
- They’re all recently published
- They’re all related to education leadership
- They’re all related to building school cultures that support the integration of technology
Here’s the reading schedule:
June 2016: Participatory Culture in a Networked Era
July 2016: The Innovator’s Mindset
August 2016: Creating Thinking Classrooms
September 2016: How We Learn
October 2016: Building School 2.0
Please join us in any of the following ways:
- Register at TeachOntario: https://www.teachontario.ca/community/explore/BookClub
- Invite yourself to the Goodreads book club: https://www.goodreads.com/group/show/170190-bit16reads
- Use social media with this hashtag: #BIT16Reads
I can’t wait to hear what you have to say!
Leave a Comment