MIssion: Blog rejuvenation project
Mission target: threadbarebeauty.com
Mission director: Alanna King under the tutelage of blogger Lisa Neale
11 Random Facts about me
born on leap year; I have 2 1/2 sisters; I lived in Japan for 3 years; my first pet was a hamster named Pepsi; I am a 6th generation Canadian; my family were some of the original settlers of Wellington County in Ontario; while my sisters were playing Barbies I played librarian; I really like to sing; I teach at the high school where I was a student; I’m addicted to PD; I had the strangest dream last night that my Mom and aunt flew me and my sisters and our families to Winnipeg to sing in High German in a concert…we don’t speak German
Questions for me from Lisa Neale:
1. What is your preferred mode of transportation?
I prefer train ….something about that chugga chugga that puts me right to sleep as I watch the world go by.
2. If someone asked you to give the a random piece of advice, what would you say? “A life lived in fear is a life half-lived.”
3. What is your favourite hobby? Reading!
4. How do you like your eggs? Poached with hollandaise sauce.
5. What’s something you know you do differently than most people? When I’m anxious, I type on an imaginary typewriter on my lap.
6. What movie must I be sure to watch? Why? Baz Luhrman’s Strictly Ballroom … see answer to #2
7. When you have nothing pressing to do, what do you like to do? see #4
8. What is your preferred hot beverage? Coffee in most any form
9. How do you say it? Twenty fourteen OR two thousand and fourteen? Both
10. What was your first job? Day Camp Counsellor for the YMCA
11. What lesson(s) have you learned from your relationships? Uhhh…I’m totally stumped on this one.
Some Bloggers I want you to know about
- Julie Powell – food blogger….she inspired me
- Doug Johnson – blogs a lot about education and libraries…I love his tone and his frank honesty
- Sarah Le – my colleague blogs about her experiences teaching specifically in transliteracy and inquiry-based learning
- Lisa Unger – my colleague is really into libraries and blogging about blogging….she is questioning a whole whack of educational related topics
- Joyce Valenza – writes for School Library Journal, school-librarian guru
- Buffy Hamilton – The Unquiet Librarian, presses all of my librarian buttons at once
11 Questions for those bloggers
1. What experience got you started blogging?
2. What makes you get out of bed in the morning?
3. If your house was burning down, and all your family and pets were safely away, are there any objects you would try to save?
4. What profession would you choose if you had another life to live?
5. Dogs or cats?
6. Did you make any New Year’s resolutions and if so what are they?
7. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be?
8. What one food could you happily live on for the rest of your life?
9. What is a recent accomplishment that you are proud of?
10. If offered a one-way ticket to Mars, would you take it?
11. Do you hate me for daring you to do this?
So here’s how it works:
1. Acknowledge the nominating blogger.
2. Tell us 11 random facts about yourself.
3. Answer the 11 questions the nominating blogger has created for you.
4. List 11 bloggers. Or more or less. Your choice.
5. Post 11 questions for the bloggers you nominate to answer, and let all the bloggers know they have been nominated. Don’t nominate the blogger who has nominated you.
Leave a Comment
WOW! I had a hamster named Pepper! She attacked me once…funny story…
My hamster used to escape and run across my face at night.
I knew of one hamster who ate through two pairs of jeans when it escaped one night…luckily it didn’t do the same to your face! Eeeek!
Do this to me!